Sustainable Tourism in Cusco
Sustainable tourism is a very important part of trekking.
But what does it actually mean? It is more of a concept of respect for the valley. It can’t really be quantified. However there are certain principles that we can describe as examples.
- Conservation of biological and cultural diversity
- Sustainable use of ecological resources (should have a minimal I impact)
- Support for local economies through increased local revenue, jobs for local populations, and use of local supplies and services thus helping communities to rise their standards of life.
- Community empowerment by sharing participation in management local ecotourism activities
- Increased environmental and cultural awareness which further encourages the local population to preserve its environment.
- Being considerate of Peru’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.