Terms & Conditions
Action Peru Treks is a 100% local Cusqueñan company and legally recognized by Peruvian law.
Action Peru Treks is indigenously owned and operated.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
- To reserve any of our services, the customer must submit his or her personal information and a deposit. The following personal information is required:
- Full name (as appears on passport)
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- A picture of their passport photo page. A camera phone picture or similar is acceptable.
- Once the customer confirms their reservation, we will send an email with confirmation of their tour or trek and details of the services included and not included in the service price. Once we send this information to the customer, if we do not receive any response from the customer it will be assumed by the company that the customer has accepted all terms and conditions. We provide a full pre-trek briefing at our office in Cusco. This gives the customer the chance to ask any questions they may have about the trek itinerary. Briefings are generally scheduled for the morning of the day before your trek starts. If your trek begins on a Monday then the briefing will be scheduled for the Saturday before.Please take this into consideration when booking your travel plans to Cusco, ensuring you arrive in time for the briefing.
- You will receive notification of the date and time of your briefing a minimum of 1 week prior to the briefing time. Once you receive your briefing time, if we do not hear back we will assume it is confirmed by you.
- Please note that it is difficult to change the briefing time and date at short notice. Therefore, if we receive a request for a briefing change less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled briefing, we most likely will not be able to change the briefing time or date. We will, however, do everything we can to change to try and accommodate the schedule change.
- Deposits –
- Deposits can be paid through PayPal or Western Union. There is a 6% fee for deposits using PayPal. Deposits through Western Union have variable fees. The deposit amount depends on the type of itinerary you are booking, as follows;
- Trek and multi day tour deposits
- All treks and multi day tours require a deposit of US $200 per person.
- Deposits for treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual.
- Rainbow Mountain Hike deposits (excluding the 4-day Rainbow Mountain hike, which requires a full trek deposit).
- Rainbow Mountain hikes require a deposit of US $100 per person.
- Deposits for treks are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual.
- Day Tours
- All day tours require a deposit of US $100 (for the group).
- Deposits for tours are non-refundable and non-transferable to another individual.
- For large groups we accept wire transfer for deposits and final balances due. If you would like more information about the wire transfer option, please email us at email@example.com
- Final payments:
- We accept cash and PayPal for final payments.
- A client may not depart for the trek until payment in full is received, either in cash or by PayPal.
- Cash payments are due the day before trek departure and can be paid at the pre-trek briefing. We accept US dollars for cash payments. We do not accept any other types of currency (including Peruvian soles).
- The Peruvian banks are extremely strict about the “quality” of dollars they will accept. Therefore, we have to request that your bills are what they call “unbroken”. Broken bills will not be accepted.
- Broken means any tear (even as small as 3 mm) or excessive wrinkling
- PayPal payments are due one week before trek departure
- There is an 8% fee on balance due payments using PayPal..
- If the balance via PayPal is not paid by 3 days prior to trek departure, the PayPal fee will be 10%.
- Our PayPal email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All banking fees will be covered by the client
- With the exception of the Inca Trail treks, we are generally able to change a trek date.
- To change the date of your non-Inca Trail trek, there is a fee of US $75 per person if the change occurs more than 30 days prior to trek departure.
- If the change occurs 21 to 30 days prior to trek departure, the fee is US $100 per person.
- If the change occurs 10 to 20 days before trek departure, the fee is US $150 per person.
- Changes less than 10 days prior to trek departure will have varying fees, which can be discussed at the time the change is being made.
- Changes made must be to another group trek for a minimum of 2 individuals. If a single traveler needs to change dates, and there is not an existing option for that date, the change will not be possible.
- Cancellations made 30 days in advance have no charge (with the exception of the non-refundable deposit) with the following exception:
- Inca Trail treks
- In the case of cancellation, the customer will not receive a refund of their deposit
- If the customer cancels between 30 and 10 days before their trek, they must pay 50% of the total trip cost.
- If the customer cancels between 10 and 3 days before their trek, they must pay 80% of the total cost.
- If the customer cancels 2 days or less before their trek, they must pay 100% of the total cost.
- In the exceptional case that a customer decides to leave once they have started the trek, no refund will be given. The customer must also pay any additional expenses they incur such as food, lodging and transportation. On the last day the customer will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- If after the tour has started a client cannot participate in the trek or tour (due to sickness, physical problems, etc.) no refund will be given. The customer must also pay any additional costs they incur for transportation, lodging and food. On the last day the tourist will be able to rejoin the group and participate in the Machu Picchu tour.
- In the case of natural disaster that prevents a service being completed, the customer will receive a 50% refund.
- In the case of a natural disaster that requires a change in the trek route, but the trek is still completed, there will be no refund. This includes alterations in the Salkantay Trek that prevent participation in the zipline. In this case the alternative route will be to visit the Llactapata archeological site.
- In the very unlikely circumstance that your service is not completed due to a fault of Action Peru Treks, you will receive a full refund (including your deposit).
- We highly recommend travel insurance for all of our customers.
- Coverage should include baggage loss, accident, emergency air rescue and trip cancellation. Trip cancellation insurance should reimburse you for non-recoverable air or land expenses should you cancel your trip due to personal or family illness, as well as covering any medical or emergency evacuation expenses if you become ill during your trip.
- In the case of illness or injury on one of our treks or tours, we are trained to provide emergency first aid and arrange transportation to a proper medical facility. However, we are not responsible for the cost of those transportation services or the cost of medical care.
ABOUT YOUR PASSPORT IN MACHU PICCHU, HUAYNA PICCHU AND ON THE INCA TRAIL:
- Once you book your tour, we send your information immediately to “Machu Picchu Park” in order for permits to be issued as soon as possible.
- You will need to bring your actual passport for all services. A photo copy will not be accepted.
- The information we will to Machu Picchu Park includes your full name, passport number, nationality, gender and age. That information cannot be modified.
- The only exception is in the case of a changed passport number due to renewal.
- If your passport number changes between reserving your spot and the start of your trek, you will need to bring your old as well as your new passport to the start of the Trek.
- If any of the information on your passport does not match the information we were previously provided, you won’t be able to start the trek.
- If you arrive in Cusco and did not advise us that you have a new passport number, and that your information has changed, Action Peru Treks will not be held responsible. In this situation it will be the responsibility of the customer to pay the extra expense of returning to Cusco or Machu Picchu (transportation, food and other expenses).
PARTICIPANT RELEASE AND CONSENT TO ENGAGE IN POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY
By agreeing to this Release, I, the undersigned Participant, acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions:
The following definitions will apply to this Release:
- “Action Peru Treks” means a walking and hiking trip to/at/in Cusco region conducted by The Action Peru Treks company, as more fully described in the information provided to me by the Action Peru Treks team.
- “I”, “Me”, or “Participant” means me, the person agreeing to this Release.
- “Release” means this Participant Release and Consent to Engage in Potentially Dangerous Activity.
- Participating in any Action Peru Treks Adventure involves potentially strenuous physical activity. You should consult with a doctor prior to engaging in the Adventure or in any training in preparation for the Adventure.
- Exercise is only one part of being healthy, seeing your doctor is another. If, at any time during a training session (whether it is a group session, individual personal training session, self-training session, pre-event training, or other related team activities), you suffer any mishap or injury, we urge you to stop your activity immediately and seek professional medical attention.
- Any materials provided to you by Action Peru Treks and its team is intended to provide general information about walking, hiking and safety while participating in the Adventure, and other events and tours. It is not intended to act as a medical manual, or guide to self-treatment. Keep in mind that exercise, health and nutritional needs vary from person to person, depending on age, gender, family medical history, current health status, and other individual factors. Before engaging in these, or any other exercise, or recreational activities, we urge all individuals to consult a qualified health professional. He or she is best qualified to advise you about your specific health status, needs and ability to participate in any physical activity.
- I am aware that participating in the Adventure includes participating in activities that have certain inherent risks. These activities include, but are not limited to: walking, trekking, hiking, and animal viewing. Some of these activities may occur in remote and wilderness areas.
- I am further aware that should I incur any illness or injury during the Adventure, access to emergency personnel, doctors, and hospitals or other treatment facilities may be limited, and that there may be long delays and difficult and potentially painful travel to get to a hospital or other treatment facility. These delays and travel conditions may cause any illness or injury to become worse during such delay and due to such travel required to reach needed professional help.
- WHILE UNLIKELY, THE RISKS INVOLVED IN PARTICIPATING IN THE ADVENTURE INCLUDE THE RISK OF DEATH OR SERIOUS BODILY INJURY.
- I acknowledge that Action Peru Treks will not allow me to participate in the Adventure unless I agree to the terms of this Release.
- I desire to participate in the Adventure. I am agreeing to participate in the Adventure as a free and voluntary act. I recognize that participating in the Adventure has certain inherent risks. I have been advised of the Warnings listed above.
Assumption of Risk and Release:
- As part of the consideration for participating in the Adventure and any related activity: I ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PARTICIPATING IN THE TREKS.
- I release and discharge Action Peru Treks from any and all claims which I have or may have in the future against Action Peru Treks and its team arising out of or in any way related to my participation in the Adventure.
- Without limiting the foregoing, this release includes a release of all claims I may have for wrongful death, injury or property damage.
- This release will be binding on all of my heirs, successors and assigns.
Right to Use Name and Likeness:
- I further grant Action Peru Treks and its team the right to use my name, voice, likeness, and image, including photograph and electronic pictures or video showing or describing my participation in the Adventure, in any advertising of any type, without payment of any additional consideration.
- I further waive any right I may have to review or approve the use of my name, voice, likeness or image.
I execute this Hiker Release and Consent to Engage in Potentially Dangerous Activity on the scheduled date.
©Copyright 2018 Action Peru Treks